Over the past few days i’ve been updating the scenario to TOAW 3.5. Initially i didn’t want to spend a lot of time on it, but in the end i got “carried away”.. the result is a vastly improved version, though i must admit that the German PO is still weak. As 3.5 allows a scenario to be saved as a 3.4 file i think i will make the new version available for download here – as a Beta and certainly without the 3.5 related improvements. Here’s a list of the major changes – note that i left out improvements that are directly related to new features in 3.5 (the NDA..):
- Various changes in Allied objective tracks.
- Map revision: Added more rivers, lateral road south of the Moletta creek as in the 1km version, lateral road Cisterna – Osteriaccia as in the 1km version. Added more placenames.
- 36th Combat Eng Regt is now a foot movement unit. This unit is used – as historically – by the Allied PO at the Moletta and along the coastal road. Giving them foot movement should help the PO with the difficult terrain.
- The Allied PO is now more aggressive during the initial storm period.
- Deleted the German divisional supply units. These were too many. Now the Germans have 3 supply units (one for 14. Armee and one for each Korps).
- The PO, either side, will have static supply units now.
- All units have now veteran status. Variations in final proficiencies after ‘seeing the elephant’ were too wild.
- Deleted unit withdrawal messages in the news report (too much intel).
- Changed various unit proficiencies.
- New scenario specific graphics (tiles_marsh used for irrgations and a new MapOptional .bmp file).
- Corrected a buggy event controlling the Allied PO’s objective tracks.
More to come soon. Next on the list is the German PO. I will try to make it a more challenging opponent, but given the difficult task i can’t promise much.
Finally.. the teaser: Turn 11 – VI Corps’ left flank: